Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Tuesday 3rd April

After showers in the afternoon and some thoughts that the first under lights ride would be called off, I headed around and picked up Silverfox then Sandals before heading up the tarmac of Worsleys passing a grunting body of riders. Bugs was there and shortly thereafter Tinkerbell arrived. We started the climb which surprisingly was not muddy at all. Just before the first stopping place Mellonfarmer called to see where we were. (Him and Nelsie had been on the track early so they chased us up the hill.) We also worked away some 4wd munters who were blocking the track. From here on lights were on and the track got greasier as we progressed. Dabbed a few times, had to stop a few times and curse and rode stuff that scared me. Silverfox was ahead of me and cursing the slippery slopes which caused him to struggle a bit. We regrouped at the bottom of the Bag. Nelsie and Mellonfarmer going up for a loop of Marleys. From what I hear it was greasy and not in ideal condition for riding. The rest of us climbed up to the beginning of Bline. Just this climb saw my wheel starting to spin. From here we rode on down. Greasy as in places dry and dusty in others, I rode some new lines others suggested enjoying them. Silverfox had a chest dab coming over one rock ride, (Sounded bad but he was up saying "I am ok" very quickly.) then we continued down. Enjoying immensely the dryness down here. At the gateway we headed back up the 4wd track and splitting into two groups came back down. Silverfox and I repeated the same stretch, with me hitting the jumps this time and flowing better while the others dropped down steepy section. regrouped at the gate then did the lower section and Sandals then took us down another path, which I thoroughly enjoyed before rejoining Worsely just before the tarmac. Home just after 8. Short but it was a ride.

No comments: