Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Tuesday 25th October

With most of the team already away on the trip I went out with Bugs and the Cook. We headed up Gruntsbury. The road was ok but by time we got to the steep stretch I was very tired. We continued upwards at a slow pace (thanks Bugs). At the top we went around Mt Vernon with me leading. Now I felt good. We then headed down towards Rapaki. Once we regrouped we noticed no sign at the top so we headed down the track. Still lots of people using it. At the bottom we discovered it was fenced off with a big sign saying Closed. (they need one at the top too!!!!) I then dropped a spoke. We headed home with me dropping the bike off for spoke, rear cluster, bottom bracket and chain. Also going to look at brakes too! I will be ready for Saturday at Hamner.

No comments: