Friday, October 21, 2011

Thursday 20th October

it was my first ride in 4 weeks and I was looking forward to it, albeit with some trepidation. The posse which included Texas, Bugs, Phatboy, Tinkerbell, Sandals, Helmut, The Cook, and Dozer all headed up Richmond Hill Rd. The main part of the posse at a steady pace, a couple racing ahead and then there was me trailing at the back. At least I kept up with Helmut who walked a good half of it. A quick stop at the top where I led off towards the gate to the fourwheel drive section. The next section saw Phatboy and Tinkerbell race ahead. The Cook and I kept up until the wet section below the cliffs where we stopped for a couple of minutes before regrouping with the others below the shearing shed. From here I took the new shingle track while the others either followed or cut across the old track. At the top we chatted before heading down towards Clifton Tce. The track was damp and slippery. I led with Phatboy on my heals. The rooty section was interesting with many comments about slippery roots. Just how they should be!! We then went down and across to Richmond Hill for a fast run down to Dot Com by 7.30. From here some of us popped into the brewery for a quick Beer before heading home. It felt good to be out on the bike and I did a lot better than I thought. Bring on kennedys tomorrow.

No comments: