Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Tuesday 6th September

Drove over and picked ip Silverfox and headed up to Sign of the Kiwi. met there by Tinkerbell, Dozer (with a flu) Texas, a subdued Helmut, Sandals and shortly there after by Phatboy, Mellonfarmer and a newbie called.....Becky Boo!! We headed up the road to the top of Vic Park. Some went up the upper thompsons where we regrouped. Sorted out a feeding order and off we went. Spread out all the way to the halfway where we stopped and oohed, aahed and chatted before the next climb up from the pond. A bit of shuffling occured around the rocks but we regrouped again by the road. Around Mt Vernon we went (Me actually gaining on some people, wow I am good as the Tui ad goes, yeah right) I and a couple of others pulled out at the top of Farm Track while the others dropped down to Rapaki. We all made our way back up to the Traverse track for a regroup. My light had given me a warning that the juice was low. Blasted around the Traverse, regroup and then onto the Top of Vic for a regroup before blasting down Thompson to Kiwi. We then rode up to Marleys at various speeds, some fast some slow and some bloody slow, ooops that was me. Then came the blast down the hill. The fast ones first follwed by the others. I dropped in behind Tinks and kept the pressure on until my light gave a warning. Then carried on, loving the down flowing, jumping and whooping. Past a stopped Mellonfarmer then carried on towards the Kiwi. Just into the last jumpy bit with a corner and all of a sudden my light became a strobe as it ran out of juice. Whoa nearly crashed but recovered and finished slowly which cramped Mellonfarmer, sorry dude. All in all a bloody good night ride. Still I need to get fit again.

No comments: