Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Tuesday 25th May

Drove and picked up the Silverfox and headed up to Sign of the Kiwi where we hooked up with Bugs, Phatboy and Mellonfarmer. We headed up the road to the top of marleys. As expected I was making a slog of the climb. Will work on the problem. 2 extra bricks on my stomach!! Mellonfarmer led off followed by Phatboy, me and then the other 2. Phatboy pulled off with light issues and I kep on going as I had some sort of off balance flow on. Enjoyed the work they have done is the rocky section. Will look forward to riding it in daylight to really learn the flow of it. Anyhow I pulled out at the halfway carpark followed by Silverfox, Bugs and then Phatboy. Mellonfarmer was like a good girl and went all the way down, before coming back up gasping. He caught us as we rode back up to the top again. 2nd run same order and I still finished in 2nd as Phatboy had light issues again. It was a battery pack falling loose. Grind back to the top and went into the track same order. We were rolling much better by now and were going all the way. Phatboy at least got into the bottom half of the track before moving over with the same issue. I went past and even scared myself a couple of times before pulling out at the Sign of the Kiwi. Not the first time I have pulled out here. We regrouped then chatted with Abba before loading up and heading home. Good ride in nice conditions.

No comments: