Monday, February 21, 2011

Sunday 20th February










I set off from mine on my lonesome with music in my ears. Headed around the river, down the track behind Ferrymead with wind in my face. At the bridge it was time to hit the tarmac. Onto the causeway stiff easterly in my face and I decided to chase down a guy about 100m in front. Managed to catch him just before the end and as the guys who were riding drove past on their way to Cot Dom. Finally got there just as Te Rex drove in. The posse of Phatboy, Mellonfarmer, Tinkerbell, Dozer and Texas were all waiting to go. We set off up the Ct Thomas. Steady climb with Te Rex, Mellonfarmer and Phatboy charging, Tinks in between the the sensible 3 following at the tail. Climbed well getting most except when he who will be named blew a couple of techy buts to slow down the events. We made the top in not bad time. Then it was time to ride up Greenwood. This was the first time in a while for most of us and had never been done by a few. It was quite a nice climb. Stopped in Gloomy Gulch before climbing to the top for a bite. It was then time to come on down. Mellonfarmer, Phatboy, Tinkerbell, me followed by the others. Charging hard, keeping on the tail of the guy in front before Phatboy punctured. Stopped to fix this then rode onto where the others waited. Continued charging. I was feeling great and stayed on Tinks tail all the way. On down ct Thomas failing the 2 usual rocks. Tinks stopped and I charged past him slowly gaining on the front 2. Only caught them at the end due to the amount of people on the track. Into Cot Dom for coffee. I found out that Dozer had an off on the way down and dented his bike. Phatboy left and we were Joined by Bugs and his lovely wife Mrs Bugs. I then jumped on my bike and literally flew back with the wind in my back. Good ride.

No comments: