Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Tuesday 5th October

Silverfox arrived at mine and we drove round to pick up Abba before heading out to Cot.Dom. Followed Sandals most of the way actually. Upon arriving we were met by Phatboy, Bugs and Tinkerbell. We set off for Ct Thomas. All going well with the boys setting a good pace. Then I went over the handlebars cos my wheel went into the hole in the track. No damage to me but a slight knock to my confidence and also to my derailleur. This caused my chain to drop off so had to muck around with this. Carried on after the others who were waiting at the gate. Off we went again only for me to fall backwards while clearing a lump and the handlebars went over me this time. Sore Elbow, ankle and a scrape to the leg. Confidence shot now and I was dabbing all over the place. The others all rode superbly of course and I was last up to Evans Pass. Moaning and cursing I was. Up Godley we went, then more chain droppage so I ended up last to the top again. The others continued their sublime run up the hills. Time for a downhill, me with a little bit of confidence coming back but my front brakes decided to squeal worse than ever. Last climb from Livingstone to Breeze was the best of the ride. Cleaned it and then chased Bugs down the hill. Much happier but now light was fading for the Snake. Excellent run down here by all of us. Even I was happy now. Then the tail before slogging up Taylor's. Down Nicholson Park where the others let me lead. Back to the cars and home with my tired and sore body. The bike is in the shop for a service today so by Sunday, no squeaks, groans or chain drop. 9 more sleeps.

No comments: