Monday, October 11, 2010

Sunday 101010

Mellonfarmer and Matt from Oz, Phatboy, Bugs, Dozer, Tinks, Sandals and Silverfox met at mine. I was riding Phatboys Santa Cruze as mine was in the shop. 1st time on a hard tail for a while, about 10 years maybe longer. On top of this it was a large and I am a squat or shorty. We set off up the Crapaki with a mixture of paces. There were so many people on the trail I thought it was a super highway. Me finding it slightly tough as I was stretched out a bit. We kept going and regrouped at the top. The weather was warmer than any off us expected on the way up but a cool breeze at the top. Onto Vernon Traverse then a regroup at the start of the Bowenvale Traverse. Phatboy got a flat, then while he did this Sandals played by herself while we all watched. She did well on the little climb of the Vernon traverse. Then it was time to ride the trail. Much better pace and I was finding the hard tail OK. Onto Vic park, down Thompson's and after a pit stop upwards to the top of Marley's. Down we went. Now I was fighting a beast that was not anything like I knew as a bike. God bring back 6.5 inches of suspension. Let me float like a butterfly instead of dropping like hail stones in a storm. I survived my terror and made it all the way down. Tinks had spoke problems halfway. All sorted so we continued. Into Vic again, down the rock garden, into Gums, then some new track before joining the race line down Dazzas, into a new line through Brent's, which was awesome, before doing flow and new Bridges. Arms were saw and knees were knocking now. I nearly pulled the pin. We all went up the hidden track before doing Old Skool. Nice blast by everyone down here. Nearly ripped the derailleur off this time. Stopped for coffee before heading home. Good ride by all, with no injuries. Next full ride will be Friday in the city of scarves.

No comments: