Monday, April 12, 2010

Sunday 11th April

I headed out the door at 8.45 to find Te Rex and Silverfox had just arrived. We rode around the river track, back of Ferrymead and towards the Causeway. Dozer drove past and then he parked up and rode the causeway with us. Head wind all the way. Phatboy joined us at the surf club and we rode to Dot Com in case anyone else arrived. Hit the road at 9.30 and headed up the grunty Richmond Hill Rd. Plod Plod Plod. At the top we took Richards Track down into the valley and up the other side. Passed a group of walkers and grunted up more hill. Passed two duos of riders coming down for a change. At the top we passed a group of Army engineers doing Army engineers stuff in Greenwood park.. Te Rex and Phatboy took off on the tarmac to the start of Greenwood. I heard some comments like Mellon Rex and Mellon Phat. :) We were passed by a group of 4 as we had a brief stop. I led off, fell off at a spot I never even dab at and I still don't know what happened. Chased down the group before the ruins where we stopped for a bite. let the 4 go ahead and gave them a big gap. Phatboy led then me and the others. We caught the 4 by time we reached Evans Pass. Straight up into Godley Track good run and into the Anaconda. Blasted this, chasing Phatboy. Thought the others were right behind me but at the bottom it was just us 2. I had to head straight down the tail as I needed a loo. Turnt out the Silvefox had punctured. We all regrouped at Taylor's before the run up and over to Scumner. Phatboy broke a chain at the top of Whitewash Head. He fixed this and caught us at Dot Com. Tinks came out for coffee with us. Good ride, I was stuffed at the end though.

No comments: