Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Tuesday 29th December 2009

The last ride for the year. I picked up Jay (a guy Phatboy and I met at a Steiner evening). He has a new Giant Reign. We drove up and met Dozer and Te Rex. We waited and were just about to set off when Phatboy arrived with Alistair in tow. He dropped A at the top of Worsley then raced back to park. The rest of us cruised around, sweating a little from the heat and reached the start of the single track. Could see Phatboy pumping hard to gain on us. We dropped in for our first run. I had a good run down, getting all the air I could, trying to hold a good pace. Jay followed but I lost him somewhere, Dozer came in next and then Phatboy. Te Rex had lost a bit of ground somehow. Regrouped and then headed back for another run. I followed Phatboy in, holding on real sweat then my hand started to get sore and was having trouble holding on. Got down OK and then we regrouped. This time we had caught Alistair. Chris arrived also so we all trundled up for another blast. I tail ended cos of my hand. I got down to find that there had been some excitement. Jay had flipped off his bike which nearly hit Chris in the head about half waydown. I caught and passed Alistair who punctured. Jay had buckled his front wheel quite well. I decided to stop here as I could ride no more with my hand. Phatboy, Te Rex and Chris went for another blast. Dozer went home and so did I after dropping Jay and Alistair at the top of Vic. Who knows what happened after this.

Happy New Year to you all. Hope to catch those in the know at Bugs' on the 31st.

No comments: