Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Tuesday 4th August

I picked up Silverfox and headed up the hill to Sign of the Takehe where we hooked up with Tinkerbell, The Goat, Geez, Te Rex, Nelsy, Mellonfarmer, Abba, Helmut and Sandals. Sandals had a flash new full sussa Merida. Looked good under her and as we found out she certainly came down the hill faster. After some discussion we headed up into Vic where some split and rode up the old Dyers Track while the others rode the other track that shall not be named. Silverfox and I were on the other track way ahead of the others which we seem to of lost. At the top we saw Nelsy and Mellonfarmer pushing hard ahead of the others on Dyers Track. We slowly headed on up and were nearing the start of Marleys when they started catching up. A fast blast down the Nun was then undertaken. Missed one turn and locked up on another as we went down. Eyes watering and ankle pain stopped me at one point so the Goat and the Fox passed me. I then got going and rejoined at the bottom as we all re grouped. Discussion took place and Nelsy/ Mellonfarmer went down the track towards Governors while the rest went back for another loop. Nice ride and we then regrouped before the Nun. Waited for Sandals, Helmut and Abba. The Goat even rode back some distance searching for them, but got surprised when Nelsy and Mellonfarmer arrived and said no one was behind them. We then did another run. Supreme run I had down here, hanging on just and blasting everything. No one close behind me, saw I just pushed myself as hard as I could. Scared myself on a couple of corners and brushed the hill with my shoulder on another. Arrived at the Kiwi 4th and waited for the others to regroup. Word came in that The Fox did an endo on one point but no major damage. We then split once more with MF and Nelsy heading down Dyers Track and the rest down the Other track. Nice fast blast although nearly caught up on a tree. Down down down as quick as we could. Spots of rain coming. Got back and loaded up just as a good downpour of rain came in. Awesome nights ride.

No comments: