Monday, August 31, 2009

Sunday 30th August

Oh you should of been with us, it was a great ride until the incident!! Tinkerbell, Silverfox, Geez, Phatboy and Bugs all showed up at mine and we headed off. Around Hansens and then the climb up Huntsbury. When the lads started stripping off I continued to ride on up. I was feeling good on the climb and decided not to spoil the chance to pump hard. Slowed at the point where it levels and as Phatboy and the Fox caught up started the last grunty road section, Tinks caught up and then onto the gravel to the gate. A quick regroup here and then I led off again (amazed myself, you could always say I did a Richard) and we climbed on upto the summit road. Phatboy, Tinks and The Fox led off. I gave chase and was gaining all the way until...the chain started to stick. I kept going hard as, until the regroup at the top of Vic Park. We all looked at the bike and found a bent tooth on the 2nd ring up front. Phatboy being the mechanic decided a light tap with a tapping device ( a rock) would fix it. 1 tap too many and the tooth removed itself and fixed the problem. Headed down Thompsons and onto Sign of the Kiwi. We then cruised up to the top of Marleys where I once again led off. Took the wrong line and stopped. Bugs went passed as I was coming back to the track although he did not see me. I then gave chase and rode the best lines and speed I have ever done down here. gaining all the way, hitting all the jumps and getting good air. Regrouped at the road again and then headed up and around to Kennedy's Track. Stopped here for a bite and a giggle. Then the charge was on, Phatboy led then me then Tinks and the rest. Bumpy and sketchy down the top run then it smoothed out a bit and got real quick. Fun fun fun!!!!!. A regroup then up the single track and then back down towards Crocodile. Phatboy leading at this point and then the incident happened. He had a little off but it did real damage to his hand. No longer able to push hard and he ended up riding 1 handed down the crocodile. The rest of us got down in one piece and in good time. The grind home was into the wind. Stopped at one point for Geez, Silverfox and Tinks to fix Phatboys puncture. Tinks pumping action was the best we had ever seen. He could win a competition with that. A great day by all except for the injury. I have to say that it was the best I have ridden in ages.

No comments: