Wednesday, June 24, 2009

What we did, starting Sat 20th til Tue 23rd June

On Saturday the team were booked to ride up to the Eastside Bush planting with trees for Canterbury. It dawned a little wet so the ride was off and Tinkerbell, Geez and I drove up. Slipped into the wet weather gear and walked down to the planting site. Mellonfarmer arrived with Tracy, Otis and Hugo to assist and the Sandals and Helmut. Great to see the team out there planting along side the track. Good BBQ afterwards also. I want to get us involved in some maintence work around the plants in Spring and Autumn. Tuesday the plan was to ride at Bottlelake, but as I only got cancellations other than Silverfox I decided to go to a beer tasting instead. Sorry to those who were going to ride. May I suggest that when I send a text just reply with "I am in" or 'I am out' and then I will know what the numbers are like. It turns out we would of had enough to have a good ride....but the beer tasting was good. I met Phatboy along the way to the Thirsty Weta and we got there about 6. Parked our bikes inside as we do and had a nice Captain Cooker. Mellonfarmer arrived and then Twopot even turnt up. While we were tastingSandals and Helmut popped past to say Hi. A good night was had by all. Sunday I intend to ride Godley so I hope you can all make it.

1 comment:

swtchbckr said...

i'm not so sure godley will be any good on sunday, especially considering the state of Greenwood last night... and especially if we get any rain tomorrow. but, if all is good - I'm in.