Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Tuesday 2nd June

Only 11 days to my drinks and then I am going to celebrate my b/day. Yippeee.

Anyway enough about me. Last night we had an awesome ride. We gave the hills some extra drying time and rode Bottle Lake. Silverfox and Sandals met at mine and we drove to Broad park and met up with Phatboy and MotherTed. Geez arrived last and then it was a race to see who would be ready first, him or MotherTed. Geez won with about 5 minutes to spare. It must of been the booties and the glove gloves. We cruised along the beach and then turned left onto the stinky wee track with lotsa bumps etc. Waited for all to get along this and then took off towards the hut above the dump. Saw a couple of people along the way. A regroup and chat. I was starting to feel much warmer. Down the hill we went and then cruised around to Juliet Rd and into the single track. A good blast through here with Phatboy leading. The boyz went left and the girls and I went right at one stage. I hit the sand and MotherTed took the lead. After criss crossing I got in front and led into Spencerville for our break. Phatboy led from there and I followed then Geez and the others. We blasted through a couple of sections and then I realised I could not see all the lights behind. I thought maybe we had lost Silverfox again so I pulled over. It was Sandals missing but not for long. Followed her until the next regroup. The boyz led off then Silverfox had light issues. MotherTed, Sandals and I kept going and then MotherTed started pulling away. Could not have that could we. Regrouped and found our way through to the Landfill Rd, Phatboy led at a good clip, then MotherTed, myself and the others. Pump, pump, pump. MotherTed then pulled over and I chased Phatboy. Had a moment when my rear wheel slid a long way on the timber edging but no whoopsies. Pumped all the way to the hut at the top of the hill. Then down and out. A few of the lights started to fade out by time we got back. Thoroughly enjoyed the ride, good pump by all and lotsa of movement in the pack. The track was in great condition and very little water and even less sand. Roll on warmer weather.

No comments: