Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Monday 13th April 2009

Not a bad day for a ride, but drinking and dancing with my wife and fatboy until 2am does not make for an energetic start. The Cuban cigar did nothing for my lungs either. Geez, Fatboy, Te Rex, Silverfox, Tinkerbell and the Lone Wolf showed up on time and off we went. Mother Ted was at the bottom of the Rapaki Rd waiting for us. We all headed up, Silver Fox leading, me at the rear. At the first gate we stopped for a moment and Mother Ted waved good bye as she went on. Off the rest of us followed. By the flat bit Te Rex, and Fat Boy were putting some distance on us, and by the top Geez and I were definitely at the back. Te Rex even came down the hill to ride the last bit to the top with us. A quick breather and then on to the right. Blasted around Witch Hill, cleaning it all except the section where everyone is now doing the high side. I think I will do the low side from now on it makes more sense. Regrouped and then up the road to Castle Rock. Once again the sprinters to the front except Te Rex who rode at the back. He then threw it up five gears and caught everyone before the top. Barstard!! The single track was awesome, Fatboy, Tinkerbell, Silverfox, Lone Wolf then me followed by the others. Great run through here, me gaining until my little light came loose and started putting me off. Quick stop and adjustment saw me hitting it hard again. Enjoyed thoroughly. Regrouped at the Shelter above Bridal Path and then round to John Britten. Fatboy, Mother Ted and I peeled off here and headed down through the reserve. Great fun with Fatboy and I taking as many off piste lines as possible, finding rocks to ride over and off, taking steeper lines etc. Really good fun which I liked. The others I am sure had fun but one of them will need to fill in the details. We 3 then headed down the McCormacks Bay track. Sweet with the switchbacks, fast open sections all really fun. Stopped for a coffee and a chat about the trip. Unfortunately had to discuss that we have had some issues come up with who's coming and being single etc. Good chat but all was cool in the end and understood. Quick road cruise home where all I wanted to do was catch up on some sleep. But alas no, this did not happen. Lovely afternoon spent with the family though.

No comments: