Monday, February 9, 2009

Sunday 8th February

I was looking forward to the ride but was unsure who was coming as everyone was away, ill or for at least 1 person piss crook. The weather was going to get hot but when we set off it was still quite cool and cloudy. Warren, Te Rex, Geez and I set off up the Rapaki. Road works are starting to turn this into a motorway with no bumps in the first stretch at all. Easy riding though. Halfway up the bottom stretch my phone goes. Lone Wolf was sitting at the next gate in the shade waiting for us, so then we were 5. At this point the sun came out and it got hot, real hot, in fact bloody hot. Sweated up the last section and then onto Mt Vernon. Going well until I dabbed, putting my right foot on the edge where it slipped off the track, me leaping over the handle bars to recover. A tweek of the ankle and I thought BUGGER. Eased around the rest and tested it out. All good really. Flowed on around to Vic for some shade. On down Thopmsons and then up the road to the top of Marleys. Blasted down here, but gosh the track is breaking up. Ruts and holes forming every where. Liked the knew work and on down the next section, no one falling off. We then blasted down the old Dyers road and back up into Vic. The shady section was so good. God it was hot up there no wind at all. Down Dazzas, Brents and into Bridges. Riding well but once again the tracks have turnt to dust every where. Bottom of Bridges where you take the drop I managed to make contact between the seat and man bits. Oooh that hurt. nearly made me cry. Then down and out. Here we find a nice breeze, wishing it had been like that up higher. Good ride by all.

No comments: