Monday, February 23, 2009

Sunday 22nd February 2009

Ooh my poor head! To much booze the night before and 2 weeks off the bike does not help a chap up the hill. Fatboy, Warren, Silverfox, Tinkerbell and Geez met at mine and we set off up the Rapaki. The track is ready for the tar seal nearly. God it is smooth and boring, no challenge here other than what I had inflicted on myself. I felt like my legs were tied to the ground with elastic. Enough moaning cos we all made it to the top (just). We had just stopped when Te Rex caught us. All the tracks were closed with big signs out to remind us in case we were tempted. So we set off towards Sumner. Road riding is so boring, I don't know why anyone would want to do it as a sport. We got to John Britten reserve where after a brief stop I went down Mt Pleasant Rd while the others went on to Sumner for coffee. I had a wedding party to attend. My run down the hill was just another road ride, fast and bland. Don't know about the others.

No comments: