Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Tuesday 12th November

A practise ride rather than a slog. I picked up Tinkerbell and Silverfox then headed up to Sign of the Kiwi. We met, the Dreaded one, Abba, Sandals and Helmut. Mother Ted arrived in a flourish. We headed up to the top of Marley's, I of course at the back of the main pack. Sorted ourselves out as I wanted to make sure that we got some training and advise in for those who wanted it. Down we went, the track is in good nick. Mother ted riding most of the first bit everyone else flowing. In the new section Abba and I coaxed and cajoled MT (this works I think. What do you say MT?) over the rock and boardwalk. We all rode down and a bit more. Some had gone all the way back to the Kiwi so they hauled all the way up. I got a lift with Sandals and Helmut back to the top and we regrouped for another run. This time MT cleaned 99%. Well done. Sandals cleaned 99%. Well done. We then blasted to the Kiwi and regrouped before riding up for another run. This time I let it rip. Awesome run other than the tears in my eye. Not a hard night but worth the practise. Looking forward to Sunday for a blast up Worsleys and down Old School Bowenvale.

No comments: