Monday, November 24, 2008

Sunday 23rd November

A warm morning and I was not feeling 100%, due to a slightly hard night on the drink. Anyway, Fatboy, Tinkerbell, Geez and I set off to ride to The Silverfoxes. We were running slightly late though. Got there and found Rex had beaten us and then Sandals and Helmut arrived. He was on another loaner bike. Set off for Worsley with some trepidation. Up the steep road section was not to bad but when we got to the start of the off road it was hot. Shade was needed and we knew it was gonna be a tough haul. Off we went Fatboy leading. Steady climb with no breaks. By time we reached the last stretch people were strung out. Fatboy rode the top for the first time. Even if it is smooth it is still steep. Most made it even if they dabbed. I hit the wall, to hot, to unwell and I walked it. Shame on me. Sandals rode it all. After a short rest up and over Marleys. Great track and a great run down. Nearly jumped right off the track at one point. Up into Vic and around the Traverse Track. Fatboy and Helmut dropped down the Lava flow while the rest of us dropped down old school Bowenvale. Tinks led with me just behind. Half way down a regroup and then blasted the single track. Sweet lines and flowing over all the rough. Bloody thistles helped bleed me. Stopped at the bottom and then off to coffee.

No comments: