Monday, May 21, 2018

Saturday 19th May

I headed off on a cool morning towards Ferrymead Bridge, taking the towpath when I could.  About half way along Bugs caught up and we continued on.  At the bridge we were joined pretty quickly by Dozer and Phatboy.  I led off up St Andrews hill with the lads letting me set the pace.  We stopped at the first corner to strip a layer off and then continued.  Bugs had a quick brake adjustment so I got a small lead on them.  Finally (it seemed like a long grind) we were up near John Brittain.  The lads stopped while Bugs re adjusted his brake and I continued up the single track.  It did not look like anyone had been up there for a while.  We regrouped just by Broadleaf Lane.  Up the grind with my legs running on empty.  Quick stop and then down Greenwood.  Me cruising and enjoying the run.  It is months since I was down this track and I enjoyed it immensely. A couple of dabs but a nice flow.  We then headed down Ct Thomas with Phatboy getting out front to get some drone footage.  Once again I cruised it dabbing in the usuals.  We regrouped just after the last rocks and continued on down to Dot Com for drinks.  The slog home was awful.  I had nothing left in the legs and I was thankful that Bugs led most of the way and then Phatboy took over for the last bit of the trelk back to Ferrymead Bridge. We split off with Bugs and I heading down the towpath.  Had an incident where a woman with her son on the back of their ute bike slid off in front of us but otherwise just a cruise.  Pleased to be out .

http://www.mapmyride.com/workout/2895232639

No comments: