Monday, April 23, 2018

Sunday 22nd April

Another small posse consisting of Phatboy, Bugs, The Cook and myself set off around Hansens and then up Gruntsbeery.  A stop to delayer on the climb up the road and then a quick regroup at the top of the summit.  Up the track we went with Phatboy giving it a nudge.  I appreciate that they are  taking turns riding with me at my snails pace on the ups.  Regrouped at the summit and then Phatboy set off to set up the drone.  Bugs led off followed by The Cook and then me.  Bugs was not so quick as he was avoiding puddles.  At the rock garden section I took the high line passing the Cook who bashed his pedal on the low line slowing him down.  Sat hard behind Bugs all the way around from here.  Regrouped at the Pines before I led off to the top of the park and then straight into Thompsons.  No trees to hit but a weird tree fall nearly saw me hook up my bars.  Sounded like The Cook did the same.  Into the 2nd stretch and lookout the Chinese taking photos near the beginning.  They moved over in time.  Good run down here dicovering The Cook followed while Phatboy and Bugs bailed down the road.  Phatboy led off down Choirboy where we all had a good run.  They have scraped the muddy section which should be all good for winter.  Down we went and then into Loes Rider.  I enjoyed this as much as the others.  Caught the chairlift to the top and came down Yeah Yeah Gnar.  First time since the fire.  Nice little old style track which drops you into Lord of the Possums.  We then came down Double overhead Cam.  Nice track with a few little twists, turns and little steep drops along with some jumpy bits.  Stopped for food and drinks before taking the river route home.  Phatboy peeling off along the way.  Just a cruise home.

http://www.mapmyride.com/workout/2835363865

No comments: