Monday, July 10, 2017

Sunday Muddy Sunday 9/7/17

Nice fine day with a cool breeze blowing.  Went outside as Tinkerbeel and Silverfox unloaded.  Set off briefly before I ducked back to check pressure in my rear shock.  Off we went towards Woolston Cut where we picked up Bugs at Bampton St before heading along the towpath to Ferrymead Bridge.  One major Tyre slip on the awful little footbridge. Met up with Phatbow and Dozer who were sheltering out of the wind.  Rode around the Coastal Pathway before heading up Mt Pleasant Road for a change.  I was definitely not at my best form dragging my arse slowly up the hill.  No stoppages for taking off warm layers as it did not warm up much. Up the road a bit and then the steep road into Longridge (i think that's the name) and on up to Lower John Britain.  I controlled the pace for most of this until Phatboy and Bugs went on by.  Short regroup in the fogginess at the top before heading around to old school Greenwood.  Started this in a slippery fashion and then into the new route in here.  Slippery to start but relatively nice with some speed.  Regrouped and then climbed up the other new bit.  Steeper but I enjoyed it for some reason, even the slippery bits.  Into Greenwood and I tailed the pack.  Not my best ride.  It was super muddy and greasy especially in the top stretches.  All got to the bottom safely before heading down Ct Thomas which was surprisingly good condition.  Coffee and home.

http://www.mapmyride.com/workout/2316717383

No comments: