Monday, June 12, 2017

Sunday June 11th

Tracks open and a posse met outside mine.  Tinekerbell, Silverfox, Bugs, Dozer and I set off towards Huntsbury after a quick catch up.  1st ride as a group for a while.  1st ride for a while for some.  Just took the normal route at a steady grind all the way up.  I led off over Vernon having to wait for a large Posse heading towards us near the last downhill run.  We then headed over Witch Hill and I took tailend spot here.  I rode some of it well but bloody hesitant on some of it.  No confidence.  That will get better...I hope.  Around the road and into Castle Rock.  Some spots were wet but overall it was not to bad.  Slightly better run for me through here but a little slow.  Regrouped and I had a chat to Nik Singleton.  He was changing all the signs to open.  He suggested avoiding Greenwood which was open but not the best.  We already had a plan.  Around the road and into John Brittan track..  The start was great then it got greasy on the track around the knoll.  Regrouped and then into lower Greenwood.  A couple of dabs but eventually out to the new downhill stretch towards the Pines.  Flowed quite well with a few soggy spots and a couple of slippery spots as Dozer found out.  Then down the track towards Clifton Tce.  Ages since the group has ridden this.  It was in not bad nick.  The track back towards Greenwood and then down Richmond Hill we went.  Dot Com and then the ride home.  As we went around the towpath I hear ppphhhhffftt and my rear tyre went flat.  Jokes about tubeless started but I was on a loaner wheel and it had a tube.  Struggled to get the tyre off but finally back on the bikes and home.  Good to be out.

http://www.mapmyride.com/workout/2254081505

No comments: