Monday, September 5, 2016

Saturday 3rd September

Went outside feeling quite chipper and met with The Cook and Phatboy.  Quick catchup and then I led off around the road, through the park to the footbridge by the heathcote Cut where we collected Bugs.  Continued on around to Ferrymead Bridge where we met Dozer.  Got rid of a layer and then set off up the hill.  I led all the way on the tarmac so obviously was setting a good pace.  Felt really good today.  Finally got to the off road.  Went in the new entrance where Phatboy set off first at a cracking pace.  I gave chase and although at times I reeled him in a bit never could gain enough.  Regrouped at the top hairpin loop.  Phatboy led off again followed by me then Bugs, Dozer and the Cook.  Cocked up the last rocks but stayed on the bike without dabbing then pushed hard around the loop track after Phatboy.  One dab along the way.  Lots of riders out today.  Must of been the sunshine.  Into the Mt Pleasant climb in the same order.  Gave chase again and was starting to climb when I fluffed a rock causing me to dab.  Bugs passed me at this point so I stayed on his wheel the rest of the way up.  Regrouped and had a bite to eat.  Time for some down.  Bugs insisted on filming me so off we went.  The rocks were ok but not perfect, the run through the tussocks was a good flow.  Regrouped again and set off down Greenwood.  Still had Bugs and Dozer on my tail.  Ok run.  Not my fastest.  Near the last corner Bugs and Dozer fighting over the line, I started laughing and nearly fell off listening to them.  Let them through and continued on down.  Up Godley with us all cleaning the first climb, most stuffing the 2nd and then all having differing levels of dabbing from here.  Good run down the first downhill, good climb up and over to PFMTBC Rock before heading down Anaconda.  I had a close call dabbing the ground with knee and shoulder before continuing on.  Finished ok before heading up over Scarborough and to Dot Com.  We met Tinkerbell and Mrs Tinks for coffee.  We all pumped home along the usual route with mr and Mrs Tinks doing the last section alone.  Great ride.

http://www.mapmyride.com/workout/1721858648

No comments: