Monday, August 11, 2014

Sunday 10th August

Although up partying the wee hours of the morning I was planning to ride.  I was not drunk when I got to bed slightly after 3 so was looking forward to the ride, but then I looked at the clock and it was 4 then again at 5 and then 6 dozing just after 7am before the alarm went off.  I was tired and it also turned out that someone had managed to fill my bike shoes with water.  I stayed home.  Tinkerbell, Silverfox and Dozer showed up for the ride.  They headed round the river to Ferrymead and up Canon Hill before doing the normal run up Mt Pleasant.  All the ups were pretty slippery with lots of wheel spinning ob the climbs.  The mount Pleasant Track was slicker than they had seen it and greasy on the corners.  The run down from the top was very greasy and mucky with lots of slipperiness.  They they chose not to do Greenwood and came down the farmtrack, across the road onto the Richmond Hill Farm and down the road to Dot Com.  They arrived back at mine about 1 covered in mud splatters.  I chatted with them before going inside and sleeping.

No comments: