Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Tuesday 15th July

I am having a week off so I thought I would do a ride by myself.  Lots of tracks still at avoid so I headed out and then did the grind of Rapaki.  Steady pace all the way.  In the top section there was a guy really striding it out as he walked.  I had caught up to all other walkers but this guy was just pounding it out and I could not close on him with out standing.  Very impressed. At the top he turned around and was gasping but pleased.  We actually stopped to chat.  Nice guy, normally rides but he was out with the wife and daughter whom I passed further down.  He said he heard me gaining and decided to challenge himself, nearly killed him he said.  I then set off towards Vic Park via Vernon and the Traverse.  Had a really good run around here.  At Vic I just turned around and headed back giving it a good pump.  Blasted back over Vernon and straight down Rapaki.  I let go on the way down the top section and would have to say got the best turn of speed down here in recent memory.  Good blast down the rest getting a bit loose in one lot of shingle.  Overall a good blast.

No comments: