Monday, April 14, 2014

Sunday 13th April

A week of rain and all the tracks closed or at avoid except for stuff like Rapaki etc.  Everyone piked for different reasons from "Not in town", "Stayin home" "Baby sittin" to no reasons what soever.  I went out by myself as it was cool but dryish.  I left at 9.15 and headed around the river, hooking onto the  towpath around the backk of Ferrymead.  I headed up St Andrews Hill stopping to remove a layer at the first flat spot before continuing on.  Right onto Marama where they are working on the footpaths so it makes it more fun riding the rough stuff then right onto Canon Hill.  Riding the footpath up here I ducked under a branch then holted suddenly as it caught my pack.  oops.  Struggled to get sorted then continued on up to the last corner and turnt left into the park.  The grass was really long and the ground was really slippery so I zigzagged up the hill, through the tennis court back onto St Andrews.  Into Major Hornbrook and through the path ways on upto Upper Major Hornbrook.  I decided to  be bad and rode up the single track as this is not part of the official track system so it  could not be officially closed.  It was slick, then dry, then slippery and then it turned into a creek before drying out for the last 50m to the Summit Road.  I then headed down the summit Rd to the pines.  Jumped the fence and then down Richmond Hill farm track.  Good test for my Mucky nutz.  Although I got speckles of mud all over my top and stuff, nothing hit my face and my front gears got wet but no mud.  Looks promising.  Down the road where I put on another layer before chugging home via Redcliffs, the Causeway back around the towpath and home by 11am.  I thought a reasonable time and it was good having music on the whole ride.  Hopefully I will get back out over Easter.  The weather ain't looking good.

No comments: