Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Tuesday 18th February

Hot hot hot!!!!  I headed around towards Halswell Quarry picking the Cook up along the way.  We met up with Dozer, Bugs, Tinkerbell and Silverfoz.  We all heard the roar of a V8 as Phatboy (good to see him out again) and Brandhim arrived(obviously Sunday did not kill him).  It was feckin hot but we headed off at a very sedate pace towards the start of the track.  Dozer led in to the climb to start with, with me following.  My contacts  were playing up slowing me somewhat so Bugs and Tinkerbell whipped past me.  After this it was a steady climb through the trees up to the joining of the true Crocidile.  from here I led up  the hill.  Hot but luckily shaded most of the way.  We regrouped at the top before I led off up the Lower Road Track.  This was all exposed with no breeze so a steady climb was done.  I dabbed at the steep chute so Phatboy went on past and I let Dozer, Tinkerbell and Bugs go through before I continued on my way.  Another regroup at the start of Siberia before a fast little run through the cows down to the gate and the shade of the trees.  lots of shite everywhere so Silverfox led up the farm track to avoid the shit.  I then led off down the Lower Road Track, good blast down here and the steep chute is a beast on the way down no.  regrouped again before leading off down Crocidile.  Nice blast here, smooth as (for the Crocidile that is) and fast.  Nearly overshot the new Deviation Track.   Had to dismount to get on line but we did make the track.  This is an easy cruise down to the top of the old steep rutty track up from the bottom of the valley.  We regrouped and discussed options.  Down the rutty chute and up the steep switchbacks in the shade.  Nice little climb but Brandhim broke a chain.  Phatboy assisted in the fix before we headed down the way we originally started.  Blasting it, dust spoiling the view at times.  Finally got to the cars before most of uus headed off for a quick pint at the Vicarage.  All good really for a very hot night ride.

No comments: