Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Tuesday 17th September

I picked up Cookie and headed up the hill to the meeting at Upper Major Hornbrook.  Mellonfarmer, Nelly, Silverfox, Tinkerbell and Bugs were ready to go and as I unloaded the bike, Phatboy arrived.  Bloody cold wind blowing so no mucking around.  I led off keeping a steady pace, (must of been ok as the speed kings did not go past) feeling good and warming up.  Straight into the pretend hairpin into the Old John Brittan track.  I hear most made it.  Along here and over the gate before climbing up Broadleaf Lane.  Steep little shit.  Regrouped at the start of the Track down to Cavendish Saddle.  The usual headed on down first then me.  I was offline all the way.  Bloody hell I was awful.  We then headed up to the Gondola.  I was much better and cleaned all the bits I do not make.  Dabbed a bit in a couple of spots.  Pleased with myself. The whole team did well heading up.  Got some sort of coughing fit caused by something in the air. Nearly puked.  Anyhow my ride down was slow while the others all had a hoot.  We headed back up the track from Cavendish at a steady clip, me still struggling a bit.  From here we went up to the top and headed down the other side.  Now I felt better and rode it also.  Most went down at a good clip, Silverfox and Cookie were a bit behinb.  Regrouped and Mellonfarmer, Nelly and Phatboy went down the Gunbarrel of Greenwood.  The rest of us headed over the top entrance and out onto the road.  From here we went down the Lower Greenwood at a good clip.  Felt good finally.

No comments: