Monday, February 11, 2013

Sunday 10th February

Tinkerbell and Silverfox collected me and we drove to the top of Evans pass.  We met up with Phatboy, Texas, Bugs, Dozer and sandals.  1st ride for Silverfox since before Xmas due to injuries.  We set off up the Godly Track.  I was enjoying myself immensely feeling good on the bike.  We headed around to the top of the hill above Livingstone Col where we had a regroup before heading down.  Quite a good run with us taking the diversion to the right about half way down.  Not so good really.  We headed straight up the other side.  I was really going for it.  Near the top, (the earth moved, the rock jumped out, someone pushed me, i was attacked by a ghost) I left the track.  rolled a few times and had very sore hands/wrists.  One much worse than the other.  The others all regrouped here.  After collecting myself we headed towards Breeze Col.  1st my seat fell off and after walking a bit Tinkerbell and Sandals put it back on.  Headed down slowly trying not to fall or increase pain  but failed so ended up walking the rest.  At Breeze Col I decided to cruise the road back to the cars while the others completed track to Godly and back.  The road was fine as I could ride one handed.  The others eventually caught up and Phatboy took me to A and E.  Temperature was hot and the others decided to go for coffee.  In the end after 2 hours and some xrays I have 1 arm in a cast with fractured wrist and the other in a splint as they are sure it has fractured bones in the hand.  They may put this in a cast but hoping they say it is only sprained.  I will know in a week.

No comments: