Monday, August 13, 2012

Saturday 11th August

So many people away but the riding must go on.  I headed off up the hill picking up The Cook, Silverfox and Sandals along the way.  We parked at Sign of the Kiwi and headed up to the top of Worsley.  Standing at the top you could see the puddle at the gate below us was more like a lake.  We headed down the Bag, not to slippery but needing some caution and from here we headed up the slope to the B line.  Needed to stay on the grass to avoid wheel spin.  The B line was the wettest I have ever ridden it.  Slop everywhere on the top end with some really slippery corners.  Caution was the word of the day.  Continued on down with no major incidents but a few points where you sucked in your breath and thought "Holy Crap Batman".  When we came out on Worsley it was time to head up the hill.  Rivers flowing in some crevasses but not as slippery as I thought.  If you dabbed it was not easy to get started but we continued up.  Silverfox going well.  In the top half I changed my line from the usual and started riding the ditch more where the traction was better due to the water flowing.  This is where I gained on him as it was so much easier.  No one cleaned it all and the body bag was ok until you spun.  We all walked the last bit.  We headed up to the top of marleys thinking the rock berms would be a challenge.  They were fine.  It was all the muddy bits just before or just after them that was the biggest challenge.  it was  the wettest I can remember the track being and I was mud splattered at the Kiwi when we finished.  Felt really good and could of done another loop but things happening for everyone.  The others all rode the road down while I had to drive.

No comments: