Monday, December 5, 2011

Sunday 4th December

Phatboy arrived with the Trees van and we loaded Silverfox and I in before the drive upto the top of Mt Pleasant Rd. We waited for 5 minutes and then little Ivan arrived. It was hot and no wind even before we started. We rode around to Greenwood and as we all entered the cattlestop my phone buzzed and my chain slipped so I slammed my knee into the bars. Got myself together and then pumped hard to try and catch the others. Stopped just before the ruins then down we went. Phatboy leading and me hard on his tail. Just a fantastic flowing run down, with me taking a couple of different lines into things. It was great. Regrouped at the halfway before the next run dowm. Took me 100m to get the rythm going but after that it was fine. Could feel the Fox on my tail this time. Phatboy slammed the first rock with his ankle before getting to the bottom. Hot it was with still no wind. Grind up the road with the sun beating down. Stopped at the pines for a breather before heading down towards Clifton. Fast fun run down here and we found the top of the ground Effect track. Headed down the Clifton track until we found the beginning of the uphill GroundEffect Track. After Phatboy did some fancy uturns we headed up. It was a great little run and not as steep as I thought it would be. Finally back at the pines we headed back up the road to the Van. Early departure as we were heading to Sandals for her birthday later. Phatboy rode home from here. Later I rode to Sandals in the heat and although took it easy up Dyers I was still wringing went. Overall a great days riding.

No comments: