Monday, August 16, 2010

Sunday 15th August

Finally the tracks were open and we could ride. Woke up and it was drizzling but I was determined to ride. A few contacted me to double check so I sent the message. I was riding. Tinkerbell, Sandals, Dozer and Phatboy arrived and we set off, picking up Bugs on Ferry Rd. We rode out to Sumner and then started the grind up Richmond Hill. We all did well considering the lack of riding. At the top we decided on a new approach from the normal 2 options. I had googled the farm track and we took this instead. Slippery as shit. Not to sound like Mellonfarmer but I rode the whole thing. A few had to walk through the worst of it, but I am sure when we do it on Tuesday they will make the top. About 2/3 rds of the way up I got a call. J9 and Grace had locked themselves out. I decided to head down Mt Pleasant Road. Arriving at the top the drizzle was heavy and a call was made. Everyone followed me and after a blast down the road we dropped some keys to the girls and headed into town for coffee and also to click over some kms. Not a bad ride and we have decided to do similar on Tuesday.

No comments: