Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Tuesday 27th July

After missing any riding for 2 weeks and being ill with Pig Flu also, I decided to do a road ride on the cruiser. Let everyone know what was happening as Mellonfarmer was gonna head up the hill so there was room for a split. About to ride home from work and found I had a rear flat on the cruiser. Threw it in the van and raced home to fix it. Not as easy as I thought cos I had to remove gear set and brake arm just to get the wheel off. Anyway I got it ready before time to meet the lads.

I went outside to find Mellonfarmer, Phatboy, Te Rex, Bugs, Silverfox, Tinkerbell and Dozer. The split was Mellonfarmer and Te Rex went up the hill and the others all came with me. I had a plan. We went over the bridge, and followed the river round Hansen Park avoiding the walkers. Followed the river all the way to Colombo then found our way to Barrington St, right into Milton then 2nd left past the mall and continued towards Brougham. Across Brougham on past the church and then to Hagley Park. Half a circuit of South Hagley and 2/3 circuit of North Hagley. Back out by Armagh then down past the museum, rowing sheds hugging the river, Down cashel, up High, past the Cathedral then down Worcester through the Tram Junction, New Regent St then Manchester and around river to Pomeroys for a beer or 3. Good ride without stops to keep the heart pumping. Mellonfarmer joined us for a couple of beers too. Smelly ride home by myself as most of the team left before PB, MF and me.

No comments: