Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My Wee Trip rides

My wee trip rides were nothing much but I have been reading what all the team have been upto and thought I would put something down. I have been enjoying the Sun in Marahau and took the oppurtunity to keep slightly bike fit. Monday I rode up the Marahau-Riwaka Rd to the top. 30 minutes from camp. J9 dropped a mate Slimey at the top, he's never ridden before so we just carried up the looging road and cruised over some boring logging road for him, nothing much in it for me but he found that pretty challenging. Got back to the Sandy Bay road and down to camp. Wednesday saw me going up the hill again. This time took 1.1/2 minutes off the grind. Slimey dropped J9 off and we did the same as Monday although J9 was quicker. Friday I rode up and continued up the logging rode alone, followed this til I caught the Mama's Kitchen singletrack. This was a blast, way to short but very much fun. Quite steep, narrow and rutted. A worsleys single track really. A few jumps to keep the blood flowing. Got to the bottom and then bombed back to camp. 3 short rides and a lot of relaxing. Not bad for a family holiday.


note from swtchbckr...
interesting to note what i said year ago about Mama's Kitchen (see kaiteriteri-trails) "bombed down "Big Mama's Kitchen", lots of interesting jumps, rugged wash-out fire break style riding, fun descent but all too short. climbed the gravel road again and down "Mama's Kitchen" again..."

No comments: