Monday, September 22, 2008

Saturday 20th September

A planting day. Due to the planting at Travis Wetland no organised ride happened but I, (Rubberjaws) rode to the planting the long way. headed off down the tarmac towards Brighton picking geez up near the Aranui Pub. Left onto Ottawa Rd, onto Avonside Dr and right through Porritt Park and along the river then cut through Burwood and into Bottlelake. At HQ I spoke to the walkers and runners from Hubbards Carbon Crusade and then Geez and I headed off through the forest to North Shore exit and then road to Travis Wetland. We helped plant 1500 plants in the sun and then rode off. Down Anzac Dr and around the river track to Bridge St. Beautiful easy exercise ride. Really pumped it. We then went through the ponds around the single track over 2 electric fences and into the windsurf area. Pumped along the cycleway to Aldwins Rd, Geez heading right and me left and home. $5km in good time. Enjoyed it but give me more single track

No comments: